First, we listen…
…to our client’s hopes for family continuity:
- That the generations that follow will benefit from their wealth and be protected from its potentially damaging effects.
- Their ambitions for the future of their business and how to best manage succession.
- Their concerns about our world and how they want to contribute to it.
…to our client’s need for aligned and appropriate structures:
- When family members are living in different countries with different tax and regulatory regimes.
- To ensure their affairs are managed as tax efficiently as possible.
- Where they need to be sure that trusts set up years ago are still ‘fit for purpose’.
…to our client’s concerns about risk:
- Exposure to political risk and their plans to relocate their families to more stable places.
- Feeling overwhelmed by the constant requests for disclosure of personal information and increasing regulatory risk.
- Potential third-party attacks and their concerns regarding the robustness of their holding structures.
…to our client’s desire for proper and efficient management:
- When they have concerns about how their affairs are being managed and by whom.
- When opening a simple bank account leads to endless bureaucracy and causes untold frustration.
- Where their affairs have become overly complex with increasingly opaque costs.
Then, we act…
When clients need to deal with a specific, pressing concern that requires urgent attention, we are able to quickly assemble the expertise and resources required – whether financial, legal or familial.
Where a more comprehensive review of their affairs is needed, our Family Assessment and Audit considers the family’s strengths, relationships, risks, structures and administration, all referenced against the family’s current and future goals. We report and recommend the steps to be taken providing the family with a clear roadmap for their future continuity.
Family continuity is always our focus
We connect all the key elements – people, management, assets and structures. We remain ever aware of the broader context, and the delicate web of inter-connected aspects on which successful family continuity depends.
Alongside our colleagues within Mishcon de Reya LLP we provide families with
a holistic view and access to a unique depth of experience, breadth of expertise
and the ability to act at speed.
We have no vested interest in any third-party engagement or in our client’s underlying assets, enabling families to rely on us to offer truly independent and impartial advice. With discretion and flexibility at the heart of everything we do, we provide our clients with the peace
of mind they need to sleep well at night.